Negligent Homicide Charges
The death of an individual typically causes great pain and grief for family members, friends, and acquaintances, regardless of the circumstances that led to the death. It is often even more difficult to deal with the loss of a loved one if he or she died due to someone else’s negligence or failure to act in an appropriate manner. Individuals who cause someone else’s death due to negligence or carelessness may face negligent homicide charges as a result of their actions.
Negligent homicide differs from other types of homicide charges due to the fact that individuals charged with the crime generally did not act in an intentional manner. Rather, their actions often were of the unwitting or careless variety, and they accidentally caused the death of the victim. If you or someone you know has been accused of negligent homicide, contact the Appleton criminal defense attorneys of Hart Powell, S.C. at 414-271-9595 today to schedule a free consultation.
Forms of Negligent Homicide
Negligent homicide cases may include:
- Parents or guardians who fail to provide proper care for children
- Custodians who fail to provide proper care to the elderly or mentally ill
- Persons who fail to render aid or assistance to persons suffering from injury
- Pet owners who fail to restrain vicious or aggressive animals
- Negligent operation of a vehicle
- Mishandling of weapons or hazardous items
- Drivers who cause the death of another person while operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol
If you stand accused of negligent homicide, contact the Appleton criminal defense lawyers of Hart Powell, S.C. at 414-271-9595 to discuss your legal options.