Wisconsin Cocaine Laws
While there are a number of illegal drugs that are used recreationally, one of the most notorious is cocaine. Illegal across the United States, each individual state creates its own set of laws and punishments against the use, sale, and trafficking of cocaine. Wisconsin has a number of statutes that prohibit these actions in relation to the illegal drug cocaine.
If you or someone you love has been accused of a drug crime, it is important to have the support and assistance of a practiced legal professional. The Appleton criminal defense lawyers of Kohler Hart Powell, SC can give you the assistance you need and the support you deserve as you seek to protect your freedoms. Contact our office today at 888-565-7597 to learn more about your options.
Cocaine Laws in Wisconsin
The state of Wisconsin has a number of laws and punishments related to the drug cocaine. These include the following:
- A first time possession charge is punished with up to one year in county jail and/or a 5,000 dollar fine.
- An attempt to possess is punished the same as a successfully possession.
- Subsequent possession offenses are classified as a class I felony.
- The sale of less than one gram of cocaine is a class G felony
- The sale of 1 to 5 grams of cocaine is a class F felony
- The sale of 5 to 15 grams of cocaine is a class E felony
- The sale of 15 to 40 grams of cocaine is a class D felony
- The sale of more than 40 grams of cocaine is considered a class C felony
- The sale of cocaine within 1000 feet of a school is automatically punished with a mandatory 3 years in prison without the chance of parole.
It is important to know the laws as well as your rights when accused of a crime.
Contact an Appleton Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have been arrested and are being accused of committing a crime, you need the support of the Appleton criminal defense attorneys at Kohler Hart Powell, SC. Our experienced lawyers can help protect your rights and freedoms and will fight on your behalf. Contact our office today at 888-565-7597 to get started on your case.