Mail fraud involves tampering with the mail-carrying system or valuables carried by the postal system for illegal gain. Because the postal system is a federal entity, mail fraud is a federal crime. If you are charged with a federal crime, you could face serious jail time, fines, and probationary terms.
If you or someone you love has been accused of committing mail fraud, it is important you seek legal counsel from a practiced professional. The Appleton mail fraud defense lawyers of Hart Powell, S.C. have the experience you need on your side to protect your rights. Contact our office today at 414-271-9595 to learn more about your options and our services from a compassionate attorney.
Types of Mail Fraud
There are a number of acts that can be considered mail fraud, including:
- Non-delivery of mail-ordered merchandise or any items send via the postal system
- Misrepresentation of mail order items
- Impersonating a postal professional
- Fraudulent charities looking for donations to be sent in the mail
- Mail truck or post box theft
- Internet or wire mail fraud and schemes which utilize the postal system at some point
Any of these activities violate federal law and can be penalized severely.
Facing federal criminal charges can be a frightening experience. If you have been accused of committing mail fraud or another federal crime, the Appleton criminal defense attorneys of Hart Powell, S.C. would like to help. Contact our office at 414-271-9595 today to get started on your case with an experienced legal professional.